Moves to discuss from CR Fashion Book, WWD, Bon Appétit
Here are the top hires, departures, promotions, and new representations of the week!
1.Carine Roitfeld has named Lynette Nylander as co-creative director at CR Fashion Book as the title commits to the diversity movement. Nylander will also be editorial director at large of CR Fashion Book.
2. Peter Sadera has been appointed editor in chief of Sourcing Journal.
3. Paul Jowdy, chief business officer and publisher of WWD and Fairchild Live, is leaving the company after nine years to focus on his family and pursue new opportunities.
4. Tara Donaldson has been named executive editor at WWD. She was previously editorial director of Sourcing Journal.
5. Sonia Chopra has been named executive editor of Bon Appétit. Chopra will lead editorial content across Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Healthyish, and Basically.
6. Bon Appétit Test Kitchen contributing writer Priya Krishna, assistant food editor Sohla El-Waylly, and contributing food editor Rick Martinez have announced they are leaving the video channel.
7. The RealReal is adding two female board members, Caretha Coleman and Carol Melton, to its eight-person board, effective immediately.
8. Steven Waldberg, executive vice president and global consumer engagement at Calvin Klein Inc., has left the company.
9. Ulrich Grimm, global head of non-apparel design, will depart Calvin Klein after 22 years.
10. Jackie Levin, a producer at NBC’s Today, is leaving NBC News after 26 years at the network.
11. Renée Tirado, global head of diversity at Gucci, has resigned to set up her own consultancy. She will continue to consult on diversity issues for Gucci. Tirado’s full-time responsibilities will be divided between chief people officer Luca Bozzo and model, activist, and Gucci Changemaker council member Bethann Hardison.
12. John Tighe has resigned as President of Peerless Clothing, North America’s largest manufacturer of tailored clothing.
13. Monique Webber has formed her own PR agency, MLWPR, and will represent Black-owned brands including House of Aama, Agnes Bethel, Mina Roe, and Yinibini Baby.
14. Quicy is now global watch ambassador for Coach.
15. Purple is now representing luxury lifestyle brand Olivia von Halle.
16. MMPR is now representing Luxembourg/Istanbul-based e-commerce apparel label FLORII.
17. IHPR is now representing John Hardy Jewelry.
18. IHPR is now representing fine jewelry brand Cathy Waterman.
19. Nike Communications is now representing premium outerwear, accessories, and home décor brand Overland.
20. Tractenberg & Co. is now representing Masks by Jill & Ally.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be included in Daily Media in the future.